- Los Angeles Times, Bureau Chief, Atlanta, 1997-Present.
- Los Angeles Times Orange County Edition, Reporter, 1994-1997.
- Rocky Mountain News, 1990-1994, General Assignment Reporter.
- New York Times, News Assistant, 1986-1990.
- Yale College, Bachelor of Arts, History, 1986.
- Born December 7, 1964, New York City; Single.
- Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing, Finalist, 1998.
- Livingston Award for Young Journalists, 1997.
- Pen Center USA West, 1997, Literary Award.
- Associated Press News Executives Council, Feature Writing Award, 1997.
- Scripps Howard National Non-Deadline Writer of the Year, 1992.